csa - Debt Watchdog
  The independent answer to your debt problemslogin  join  
home | Debt Forums | Bankruptcy Forum

csa

megabrill
12-04-2011 07:29 PM

can someone please help me..i've recently made myself bankrupt after seeking advice from local council n i was lead to believe my wage arrestment to CSA would be stopped because apparently the laws in scotland are different than in england n wales regarding bankrupty..is this true..

paladin 13-04-2011 10:13 AM

My Profile
Unfortunately it appears that the CSA debt cannot be extinguished by bankruptcy - Bankruptcy (Scotland) Act 1985, c66, s55(2)(d)(ii)

megabrill
13-04-2011 10:43 AM

They should still be taking money if you are still supposed to be making child support payments, but only for your up to date ongoing payments. Not for any of the debt included with your bankruptcy. If you should not be making any child support payments anymore then they should not be taking anything from your wages.

I hope that helps! It is an awkward debt when included with bankruptcy as it sometimes appears that they are taking debt payments from your wages. They should send you an up to date statement of what you should be paying after your date of award. If they havenít it might be worth giving them a phone and asking for that.

Copyright Title Tags Ltd Registered in England and Wales No. 05955435 All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the Consumer Credit Act 1974: 618869.
Data Protection Act Registration Number Z1165609.
debt advice | terms and conditions | contact | privacy | useful resources